Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for lower back pain

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 492 Questions
I am having a lower back pain in the back from quite some time. It happens more if I am trying to bend down to pick something from the floor. Pain is in the entire lower back region in the muscles. Please let me know what needs to be done.
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Tab Ibuprofen.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us.

According to your symptoms I could think it is muscle pain.

If I were your treating doctor I would suggest you
Tab Ibuprofen 200 mg 2 times a day after food for 5 days.
You can use hot water bags for pain.
Try to avoid physical stress.
Take complete bed rest for 3 days.
You can use painkiller gel.

If your symptoms do not improve after 5 days I would suggest you visit your primary doctor for investigations like X-ray of L-S spine.
If it found any abnormality next you need to consult an Orthopedic doctor for further evaluation and treatment.

If you have any questions I will be happy to help you.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor