question-icon

Suggest treatment for lower back pain while having constipation

Posted on Fri, 22 Jul 2016
Question: low back discomfort plus small stool output and "rolling" stomach
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Small stool out put and the rolling stomach points towards defecation problem due to constipation which can also cause lower back pain, but at an age of 81 it could be due to many causes all fitting for back pain.

I would suggest take some laxatives for the bowel movement, drink plenty of fluids, modify diet and lifestyle, diet rich in fiber and exercise regularly. Take some Tylenol for the lower back pain and see if it helps.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan