Suggest treatment for lower back pain, lumps on the shoulder blade and fatigue

Dr. Endri Katro

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Lump
Question: I was diagnosed with BPH 4 years ago when I had health insurance. I have not been back for a yearly follow-up since. The very painful symptoms are back now. I have additional changes in my body now as well and I need to know if they cancer symptoms. ********* I HAVE 2 KNOTS ON MY RIGHT SHOULDER BLADE /// LARGE CIST SIZE************ LOWER BACK PAIN, mostly at awakening and at bedtime*************** LOTS OF FATIGUE****** Should I schedule a visit with a Urologist and no a Family Medicine Practice. My Family medicine Doctor will only do a PSA LAB WORK and when it tests High they will recommend me to a Urologist anyway. FYI,,, This will be a CASH PAY VISIT,,,,,,, PLEASE ADVISE
Answered by Dr. Endri Katro 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult your family doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking Healthcaremagic.

I am Dr.Endri Katro and I will be answering at your questions:
-According to your question to consult an urologist or the family doctor for your symptoms (backpain,the cysts on your shoulder ect) i suggest that you consult your family doctor first. I understand that after the PSA results he will send you to the urologist, but at the same time he will be able to check your shoulder,the cysts that you describe and ask for further tests and exams if needed.

The urologist might not be able to answer your question about the lumps in your shoulder.

Even if you go straight at the urologist, he will probably ask for other tests or consults for the lumps, probably a surgeon.
But if you go to the family doctor, he will know what tests and exams need to be done first for the diagnose and the treatment of the lumps, the backpain and the HBP.

Wish you good health.

Dr.Endri Katro

If you have any other question,don't hesitate to contact me.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj