Suggest treatment for lower back pain, anxiety, depression, frequent headaches and sleeplessness
I have been struggling with several different issues for the last couple of years, and I am not exactly sure what to do. I am 28 years old and work as a CPA in Northern Pennsylvania. I have a wife, a 19-month old son and another child on the way. I have struggled with pretty bad anxiety since I was in college. Additionally, I struggle with depression. I have a hard time relaxing and am in a bad mood most evenings. I get frequent headaches, and for the past two years I have struggled with very bad lower back pain which has recently gotten worse than it ever has been (likely due to sitting at a computer for 10 to 12 hours a day). Additionally, I don’t sleep well and usually take two Benadryl to fall asleep.
Since college I have been on Effexor and Klonopin. Neither does anything for me (except if I forget to take it I feel horrible). For my back pain I was taking 3 or 4 IBUProfen at a time, but it didn’t seem to do anything for the pain and I rarely take anything for it now. For a few months, I drank alcohol most evenings to at least get in a relaxed/happy state (and it did help me fall asleep and took my mind off of my back pain). However, I don’t really like to drink and the side effects (increased headaches) just weren’t worth it.
Recently I went to my family doctor and she suggested increasing my Effexor dose. I am very certain that this will not help. Is there anything out there that can be effective in mood enhancement, relief of anxiety and depression and help with pain? I just am just about ready to give up.
Consider trying Yoga and acupunture
Thanks for using HCM.
I went through your post.
Sorry to know about your anxiety and depression and sleeplessness and back pain at this young age.
You are already on too many medications and at this age I would not advise you to further increase the dose.
Moreover taking ibuprofen 3-4 tablets at a time may may cause serious side effects.
I would advise you to go for complementary and alternative medicine.
For mind related issues like anxiety and depression, yoga would be very helpful. Yoga consists of deep breathing,meditation and assuming certain postures.
Deep breathing and meditation would help to relax your mind and provide relief from anxiety and depression.
The postures also called as asanas would help to relieve your back pain.
You can look for yoga instructor in your place.
You can try acupuncture also for back pain.
I hope that answers your question.
With kind regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Frequent headache fatigue lower back pain
- Chronic back pain and depression
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Sleeplessness hip and lower back pain what can reduce pain
- Suggest treatment for lower back pain
- Remedy for stomach and lower back pain causing sleeplessness
- Back pain and depression
- Suggest treatment for abdominal and lower back pain
- What causes frequent headache and depression
- Treatment for lower back pain
- Suggest treatment for poor skin fixation on the shaft of the penis
- Is there any relationship between salt cravings and parathyroid disorder?
- Suggest treatment for mild aortic blockage
- What causes a radiating warmth from the chest area under the sternum?
- Can Mucinex Sinus-Max be taken along with Gengraf, Prednisone and...
- Can Acetaminophen be taken while on Hydrocodone - Homatropine?
- What causes vision sensitivity to light and itching?
- What causes swelling on left side of face?
- Suggest treatment for lower back pain, anxiety, depression, frequent...
- What causes lightheadedness especially when moving around or bending?