Suggest treatment for lower back pain and vomiting after C section

Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf

Posted on Tue, 25 Nov 2014 in Pain Management
Question: Hi My wife had c section after treatment for bring down the blood pressure was not successful (She was in Mag for 1.5 days) And had epidural during csection. Now she feel pain in lower back later it spread over to her hand, center part of her chest and finally ending with head ache and vomiting sensation. But Pain kill medicine helps her to get relived from the pain (Which was prescribed by her Dr to take in 4 to 6 hr interval or when she feels the pain); But she goes mad when she gets the pain. Suspecting her breastfeeding position is not good.
She feeding by sitting on the bed which not firm and flat.
Does getting glidder with ottaman will help or would it be fine to take Chiropractic treatment or any other way to get cured soon without any side effects. Requesting a solution for quick relief.

Thanks in Advance

Just a small correction in my previous statement; It not lower back pain, its upper back pain
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Healing will take some time

Detailed Answer:
Hello

My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. Healing takes some time. Chiropractic treatment can also be taken. Meanwhile if i were her treating doctor then i would have advised following measures to reduce pain :
> Do not keep pillow while laying on bed.
> lie straight on bed. there should be nothing between back & bed
> naproxen can be taken thrice a day for pain
> Drink adequate fluids (including fresh juices & water)
> chocolate also helps to reduce pain intensity.
> she can feed the baby by sitting straight with some support on back.
> oil massage on back will give soothing effect.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 1 hour later
So, laying on the bed fine rather laying on the floor with any mattress?
no pillow means.. even pillow for head also should not be used?
wat causes the pain in hand, center of the chest and headache?
is the glider is good idea will it help to get the correct posture...?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see description

Detailed Answer:
Hello

I'll be glad to assist you with the query. I'll answer them one by one for your ease:

1. By flat lying i mean that spine should be straight. If you lie on floor without mattress then its also good option but in this case she will feel bit uncomfortable. If you have a hard mattress then that will be best option.

2. yes preferably without pillow because if you will put pillow then it will bring bent in spine. Its only for few days to get smooth recovery.

3. There are numerous nerves passing through spinal cord, when needle is inserted then it sometimes effects other nerves as well so pain spreads to those parts whose supply is through that particular nerve. They will take some time to heal completely.

4. Yes glider option is also good and can be availed for recovery but i suggest you go step by step. follow the above mentioned steps. if it does not relieve the pain then you can go further.

Wishing her good health !!