Suggest treatment for lower back pain and cramps
Slip disc. Pain killer, hot water bag.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Thanks for the query.
Do you have any pain radiating from the lower back to the legs or to the groin?
Any tingling or numbness of the legs ?
It is possible that you could be having muscle spasm in the lower back due to nerve compression from a slipped disc which can cause radiating pain to the legs and aggravate on bending forwards or lifting weights.
Other possibility could be kidney or urinary stone which may be passing down the ureter to be excreted.
I would advise you to apply a hot water bag over the painful regions. Take pain killer Tablet Diclofenac and Thicolchicoside combination twice a day after a meal. Take it once and you will get relief. Avoid bending forwards or lifting weights. Drink 1 to 2 litres daily.
Get tested for Xray KUB, Lumbosacral spine to rule out kidney stones and spine conditions.
Kindly follow up with me and answer my questions for me to be in a better position to help you.
Dr. Aashish Raghu
Muscle spasm not relieved much with Naproxen. Needs a muscle relaxant
Thanks for the follow up query.
Naproxen is only an anti inflammatory Medicine and it does not relive the painful muscle spasms associated with severe low back pain. Kindly take the pain killer and muscle relaxant combination as mentioned earlier and apply hot water bag to relieve the painful muscle spasms.
Also do follow the other precautions mentioned and follow up with me on the same.
Dr. Aashish Raghu
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sudden back pain
- Terrible back pain suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for lower back pain
- Suggest treatment for chronic back pain
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for back pain and cramps
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for abdominal and lower back pain
- Treatment for lower back pain
- Suggest treatment for loss of movement in left arm post injury
- What causes stabbing pain behind left breast while breathing?
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- What causes painful legs while walking in a person with peripheral...
- Is weight training advisable 2 weeks after a shot for trigger finger?
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in legs after exercising
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the heels
- Suggest treatment for tibia pain, weakness and memory loss
- What causes severe discoloration and swelling in left leg?
- Suggest treatment for left-sided back and hip pain