• question-icon

Suggest treatment for lower back and tailbone pain due to bad posture

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question: I have coccydina pain at tailbone and lower back had bad posture for years due to initial coccyx pain can the coccyx over years of bad posture have contributed to or aggravated lower back?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is likely

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Coccydynia is inflammation of coccyx bone preceded by injury. Some individuals who report coccydynia have history of injury which often involves lower back. I mean to say that it could be the coincidence that you are suffering with back ache and coccydynia at the same time.

However majority of individuals with coccydynia develop back ache later on during the course of pain and adopting a more comfortable but bad posture. The bad posture leads to degenerative changes in the disc especially at level of L4, L5 (lower back) and causes pain along with coccyx pain.

It can be conclusively said that years of bad posture is one of the most common cause for lower back ache and should be avoided as far as possible.

I hope this answers you.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future, if you wish to ask any more questions, you can use the below-mentioned link to contact me.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386

Thanks and regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist