Suggest treatment for lower back and stomach pain

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I started with a lower back ache on Monday and yesterday afternoon started getting pains in my lower stomach which steadily got worse overnight. It hurts to walk and sit (almost like my insides are going to fall out). It does not burn or hurt when I urinate but is quite painful when I pass gas or have a bowel movement. Is this something I can take care of with something over the counter or should I go see a doctor? No fever either
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to infection of the gut.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Pain in relation to bowel movement could be due to infection of the gut.It may be due to contaminated food or water.
I prescribe Antibiotic like Levofloxacin 250mg twice daily , Anti spasmodic tablet containing Dicyclomine to my patients with similar complaints.
You should consult your doctor and proceed further.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad