Suggest treatment for lower abdominal, pelvic and lower back pain
Can be postural.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Back pain and lower abdominal pain in pregnancy is common because of increase of hormones, additional weight, poor posture like excessive standing and bending over and little rest and more stress during this period.
Moreover there is separation (diastasis) of the muscles along the front of the abdomen (the rectus abdominis muscles). As the uterus expands - these muscles sometimes separate along the center seam, - back pain can then become worse.
Treatment for back pain includes having the correct posture while sitting and standing, use low heels, keeping a pillow behind the lower back while sitting, sleeping on one side with knees and hips bent and keeping a pillow under the lower back, hot or cold compresses and massage from a massage therapist. These measures play a major role in controlling such pain during pregnancy.
If the symptoms persist despite the aforementioned measures, then you may use anti inflammatory medicines suggested by your gynecologist.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower abdominal and back pain
- Suggest treatment for back pain caused by sprained lower back
- Treatment for abdominal and back pain
- Acute lower back pain treatment
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- What is the treatment for lower back pain
- Suggest treatment for lower back pain
- Suggest treatment for abdominal and lower back pain
- Treatment for lower back pain
- Treatment for lower abdominal and back pain