question-icon

Suggest treatment for lower abdominal pain and nausea

Posted on Mon, 6 Mar 2017
Question: Hi, I am 48 years old and have my periods regularly. I had my tubes tide after my youngest son was born 19 years ago. I had my periods about 2 weeks ago but for the last 3-4 days I have lower abdominal pain as if my periods were returning, I feel very tired and nauseous. I am worried because of my age that I could be pregnant again...
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (31 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy not likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Having periods just two wees ago and with the tubes tied the chances of conception are less than 3%. You need to wait for at least 2 weeks more to rule out pregnancy completely.
The pain in lower abdomen can be due to an intestinal infection colic gas indigestion or a urinary infection. Do take an over the counter anti spasmodic and see if it helps.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN