Suggest treatment for low thyroid level
Sorry to learn about your symptoms.
May I know what part of your body was scanned with the CT machine?
I would also like to know if the following blood tests have already been performed:
Thyroid auto antibodies (like TPO and Thyroglobulin antibodies)
If your thyroid is inadequately treated then many of your complaints are explained by that. One needs sufficient thyroid hormone in the body for well being.
The antibodies will help ascertain if you truly have a permanently under active thyroid that necessitates treatment with synthroid for life.
125 mcg of synthroid is a reasonable dose but the blood levels give the final indication as to whether the dose is adequate.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of Low thyroid level
- Diagnosis of Low thyroid level
- Treatment and cure for Low thyroid level
- Drugs/medication for Low thyroid level
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy and low thyroid levels
- Have weakness lightheadedness low thyroid level what can be done
- Low thyroid levels while pregnant
- Causes for low thyroid levels
- Suggest treatment for thyroid
- Pregnancy and low thyroid levels