• question-icon

Suggest treatment for low testosterone levels

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I generally don't have No problem but occasionally in month the lower reach to 90 but for the last few days my lower is constantly around 90-95 and occasionally hundred and upper around 130 my age is 39 i have low testerone problem I'm attaching my reports , cbc, lipid , kidney urine and lft please suggest
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I understand your concern and would explain that your diastolic blood pressure levels are borderline, which means that you do not need any treatment for the moment, but a careful monitoring of your blood pressure is necessary, as this could be a sign for the beginning of arterial hypertension.

Your systolic blood pressure values are within the normal ranges.

Low testosterone levels could be partially related to this raise in your diastolic blood pressure values.

Are you overweight? Overweight can be related to low testosterone levels and also high blood pressure.

I can not see your lab tests reports (maybe a system error during uploading), but I would recommend also performing thyroid hormone levels for thyroid dysfunction and cortisol plasma levels to examine your adrenal gland function.

If all the other tests have resulted normal, I would recommend only some lifestyle modifications to help lower your blood pressure values naturally:

- reduce coffee and salt intake in your diet
- perform a lot of physical activity (walking, aerobics, recreational sports, etc.)
- try to lose some pounds if you are overweight. Consulting with a dietitian could help in this regard.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

I remain at your disposal whenever you have any other questions!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 21 minutes later
thanks for detail response I'm against attaching my reports may be it's convenient this time especially i need it feed back on urine, kidney and blood routine reports yes I'm a bit over over weight also my friend has high bp but he doesn't take any medication and later his kidney failed that's why I'm a bit worried about the 95 and occasion hundred reading thanks
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
My advice as follows:

Detailed Answer:
I am glad to have been helpful!

I would just recommend periodically scheduled follow up with your doctor every 6 months with a physical exam and some tests (complete blood count, kidney and liver function tests, urine analysis, PCR, fasting glucose, blood electrolytes, blood lipid profile, chest X ray study and resting ECG) to be sure that everything is OK.

A close monitoring of your blood pressure is necessary too, in order to detect high blood pressure values.

But, for the moment there is no need of medication.

I would just recommend following my tips on the life-style modification.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 minute later
thanks
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:
I am glad to have been helpful to you!

Feel free to ask me directly at any time if you will have any other uncertainties in the future!

I would be happy to answer to all of your questions!

Wishing a nice weekend,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 4 hours later
thanks Eid XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:
Dear Eid,

I am glad to have been helpful to you!

Kind regards,

Dr.Iliri
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist