Suggest treatment for low testosterone levels

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Thu, 9 Mar 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Hi

I have low testosterone but I dont have any symptoms about sex life. good libido good erection good sex drive.

I attached my full blood tests.
I hope I can find answer.

Thank you XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A cause for the low testosterone should be found:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have seen carefully your attached reports.
Except of the low testosterone level, you have also a high HbA1c suggestive for prediabetes and high liver enzymes that should be explored further to find the cause.
A liver dysfunction can cause low testosterone level, to confirm it you should check SHBG (sex hormone binding proteins).
Another cause that should be excluded is a high prolactine level.
Vit D deficiency should be treated with Vit D2 50000 Ui weakly for 8 weeks and multivitamins tablets and diet adjustment for other vitamin deficiencies.
So:
- Check SHBG and prolactin level for the low testosterone.
-Diet and physical activity for the prediabetes if you are overweight, if not further exams are needed.
-High liver enzymes need further exams to exclude a Hepatitis.

Hope the information will help.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Mirjeta Guni 48 minutes later
Im 30 yo Male .173cm tall. and weight 122 kg.

I mostly eat fast food to be honest. I barely eat vegetables and fruits. could that give you an Idea about the problems?

I will do what you have told me for sure. thank you.
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Diet and physical activity are mandatory:

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back!
Of course, diet and physical activity are mandatory in these conditions.
I would suggest to a strict diet, rich in fruits and vegetables and low in carbohydrates, as a dietitian would recommend.
20-30 min, three times in a weak physical activity should be combined with the diet for a better result.
After 3 months you should check HbA1c level to see the improvement.
Your treating physician will of course suggest you further exams for the liver pathology.
Meanwhile stop drinking alcohol and smoking.

Best wishes,
Dr.Mirjeta