Suggest treatment for low testosterone levels

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Sir I am 46y old men .my testosterone leval was 2.99ng/DL.thean take injection testoveron 250 ml.every 15 day.for two month.after 6month we found my t leval is 235ng/DL.plz suggested what I do
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Continue the treatment with the actual dose.

Detailed Answer:
You need to continue the treatment with testosterone injection with the actual dose and check the testosterone level frequently ( every 3- 6 months).
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Mirjeta Guni 12 minutes later
what's actual dose .and tel me kitne inj lagwau.and kitne din me anger pe
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
The question is not clear.

Detailed Answer:
Your question is not very clear.
Anyway i would suggest to take injections of testosteron 250 mg once monthly or you may take injections of 1000 mg once in three months and check testosterone level prior to any injection.
You may talk to your treating physician for treatment with gel or patches if they are available in your country.
Wish you good health.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Mirjeta Guni 2 days later
my t leval was 299 frist time.affte takin inj my level 199ng why
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please specify in much details the medical history.

Detailed Answer:
From the attached results i can see that the latest one is of 1 August 2016 and is below the normal ranges, it means that you should correct it.
Regarding further history i have understood until now that you have been treated for two months with injections twice a month and since last 4 months you do not take the treatment.
Having into consideration the level of August, it still persists low, that is why i recommended you to restart the treatment.
For more detailed information please specify in much details the medical history.
Kind Regards,
Dr.Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Mirjeta Guni 6 hours later
idial renge of t leveal in 46y men?
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
The normal range at your age is >270 ng/dl.

Detailed Answer:
The normal ranges are 270-1070 ng/dl. After the age of thirties the testosterone begins do decrase by 1% in a year due to ageing, anyway at 45 you should maintain it >270 ng/ dl in order to improve both the symptoms of low testosterone level and prevent the long term effects that it causes.
I think you have discussed with your treating physician about the benefits of testosterone replacement therapy and have taken a decision before you started the treatment.
It will be a pleasure to answer further questions in the future.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar