Suggest treatment for low lying placenta in 20th week pregnancy
Travelling time by plane is 2 hrs n by train it is 24 hrs....n then by car for 8 hrs
Plane or train journey is safe and please go carefully when taking car trip
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. I do ultrasound scan in pregnancy every day and come across women who have a placenta with lower border 1 to 2 cm away from the internal os at 20 to 24 weeks.
2. Technically this is still early pregnancy and the placenta will take its final position after 28 weeks. There is something known as migration of placenta. Therefore right now I would prefer calling it a low lying suspected placenta praevia and the exact diagnosis of placenta praevia is to be confirmed by doing scan at 28 weeks.
3. Coming to travel plan, travelling by plane or train is recommended. Plane will be short duration and fine. Train journey is also safe.
4. For the road journey please have a good vehicle and tell the driver to drive carefully because there are bad roads and speed breakers causing lot of jerks.
5. Please do not allow your wife to carry more than 5 kg luggage and give her healthy food and fresh juices during journey because it is hot in summer.
Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for retained placenta
- Placenta previa ayurvedic treatment
- Treatment and cure for Placenta praevia
- Treatment and cure for Abruptio placenta
- Treatment and cure for placenta previa
- Placenta previa symptoms and treatment
- Ayurvedic treatment for anterior low lying placenta
- Treatment and cure for placenta accreta
- What is the treatment for lower placenta
- Ayurvedic treatment for low lying placenta
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...