Suggest treatment for low libido

Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Sexual Health
Question: I am 41 and wonder why my sex drive has declined. What could be the cause that would hinder blood flow. Could it be a decline in testosterone? Could it be a trace mineral deficiency? Why does it take a considerable time to recover as it didn't take a long time to recover when I was a lot younger.
Answered by Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely due to Trace mineral deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

Trace mineral deficiency is unlikely as it takes longer duration(following starvation)

Sex drive is majorly determined by androgens..

In the same way,the reason could be due to low testosterone..I suggest you to check free testosterone, FSH and LH..Further management will depend on the result.

Avoid or come out of stress(After emotional trauma) which also improve your sex drive.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D