Suggest treatment for low libido and erectile dysfunction

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Men's Health
Question: I'm 32 years old and my sex drive is non existent. What can I do or take to help this problem out? I can get an erection but it's gone as soon as it comes.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Some thoughts on this situation:

Detailed Answer:
By non-existent sex drive, I am assuming that you have no interest in sex under any situation, including no interest in masturbation?

If you still have interest but are unable to maintain an erection, then prescription meds for erectile dysfunction, such as Viagra, can help.

If you once had a normal sex drive but it has decreased abruptly recently, sometimes prescription medications can be at fault.

If interest in sex has decreased gradually, and includes no interest in masturbation, there may be a hormonal or other health problem going on, such as decreased testosterone levels. For this I would suggest seeing your doctor for a general exam and assessment of various hormonal levels (via blood tests). Low testosterone can be treated with hormone replacement.

If you never had much of a sex drive, the problem may be more psychological, such as a dislike of intimacy, or performance anxiety.

So there can be various causes (and solutions depending on the cause). I would suggest starting with going in to see your doctor for exam and hormone level check.

I hope this information has helped. Please let me know if I can provide further information or clarification.