Suggest treatment for low grade fever and nausea

Dr. Eric Goldstein

Pediatrician

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Child Health
Question: My ten yr. old son has been running a low grade fever of approximately 99-100 degrees for two and a half weeks. His only other symptoms are pain in his abdomen and nausea. He has a normal appetite, normal bowel movements and has not vomited. What could be wrong with him?
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Low Grade fever

Detailed Answer:
Hello. I just read through your question. I'm sorry your son is not feeling well.
The first thing I think about with a story of prolonged low grade fever and discomfort of any kind is Mononucleosis. The other common diagnoses, like stomach virus, would have resolved by now.
It's a simple blood test to find out if this is the diagnosis. It's a worth a conversation with your doctor. There is no treatment for mono, but it is important to know if that is what he has.