Suggest treatment for low grade fever and headache

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 13 Apr 2015 in Child Health
Question: My 5 year old son is having low grade fever with headache for 3 days now
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Giving paracetamol should help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Such symptoms in children of this age is usually caused due to certain viral infections which can last for 5-10 days. If the temperature is raised please give paracetamol. It will also help in controlling the headache. However, if the child develops lethargy or other signs of distress, or if temperature goes high and lasts for more than 7-10 days from the beginning, I would suggest you to visit a doctor and get the child evaluated.

Hope that helps.

If you found my answer helpful, please close the thread with a positive review and a 5 star rating.

Dr. Diptanshu Das