Suggest treatment for low blood sugar levels
Dextrose infusion with monitoring glucose
Dear Friend, greetings from HCM. I understand your concern.
Your mother is hospitalized do not worry the treating doctors will take care . they will give dextrose normal saline with constant glucose monitoring. Might need insulin too . but if at home she develop s setting palpitations and irritability you can give her some sugar, chocolate to keep her sugars up.
In elderly people the problem is that they do not take food properly after taking medication s. And some times might take 2 times,
Do not worry let her get discharged with proper advice.
Do contact us for more questions.
her blood test was done and following out of range result were:
UREA ...58 mg/dl (normal 10-45 ) S. CREATININE....2.5 mg/dl (normal 0.6-1.5)
Platelet Count 74,000/cu.mm (normal 1,40,000 - 5,00,000 / cu.mm)
total W.B.C Count 19,000 (normal 5000 - 10000)
in DIFFERENTIAL COUNT
Neutrophils ...80 % (normal 40 - 60%) Lymphocytes 16% (normal 20 - 40 %)
Urinary tract infection will have chills and rigor
Dear friend, greetings. I read the report . Urinary tract infection in diabetes especially in elders is common. And yes, chills could be due to infection. She need hospital care for some more days. Might be her sugar levels were not in proper control. She seems to have diabetic nephropathy too as her urea and creatinine levels are high. Looks like immuno compromised. Let her complete her anti biotics for 5 days . Later if she is stabilized she can go back and start taking good treatment and nutritious food.
Thanks a lot
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Low blood sugar levels88
- Low blood sugar level 57
- Fatal low blood sugar level
- Extremely low blood sugar levels
- Low blood sugar levels high potassium levels
- Treatment for a diabetic 2 with low blood sugar person
- Lymphoma low blood sugar levels
- Treatment and cure for Low blood sugar
- Low blood sugar levels and palettes
- Metacam and low blood sugar levels
- Suggest medication for diabetes
- Suggest treatment for diabetes
- Is it safe to have green coffee supplement for blood sugar management?
- What does my fasting blood sugar level indicate?
- Suggest remedy for sores on tongue in a diabetic person
- What does my blood report indicate?
- What causes recurrent boils in a diabetic?
- What does random blood glucose of 163 indicate?
- What do these fasting and post prandial glucose levels indicate?
- Suggest treatment for increasing post prandial values