Suggest treatment for low blood pressure

Posted on Thu, 7 Jul 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: which tablate we can use when BP is low
Answered by Dr. Prasad 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
How low is your BP?

Detailed Answer:

Clinically if you are symptomatically well and have no problem, a low BP needs no active treatment. I will just encourage to drink lot of fluids and eat a healthy meal. Check thyroid hormones.

However if the patient is symptomatic with symptoms of dizziness, fainting, sweating and so on along with a low BP, the patient needs to be hospitalized and evaluated for the cause of low BP. Intravenous fluid and supports need to be initiated.

Therefore I would like to know how low is this patient's BP and what symptoms does the patient have.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Prasad