Suggest treatment for low blood platelets
Thanks for your query.
Imuran contains Azathioprine, commonest side effect of the same is low counts of all blood cells, in some isolated platelet count can be seen reduced.
The best remedy for the same with good result is with a course of corticosteroids like Prednisolone. This can improve the platelet count and also reduce the immunity which is essential in condition like autoimmune hepatitis.
Hope, I answered your query.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Overcome low blood platelets
- Diagnosis of Low blood platelets
- Low blood platelets and celexa
- Low blood platelets causes
- Gallbladder low blood platelets
- Treatment and cure for Low blood platelets
- Low blood platelets and abortion
- Low blood platelets and hypothyroidism
- Symptoms of low blood platelets
- Low blood platelets and urology
- Suffer from hypertension and weakness. Does meth use cause thyroid problem?
- What is the effect of steroids on the heart during puberty in boys?
- Having psychological problems. Taking therapy. Any advice?
- Body feels shaky. What is the cause and how to control this?
- Experiencing a periodic mild numbness in arm. Family history of MS. Any...
- Medicine for G6PD patient with fever?
- Having pain and pressure in eye with headache. Sinus MRI normal. What...
- Snorted meth. Having sore throat and cough. Is there any complication?
- Have small penis. Will penomet penis enlargement pump work to enlarge it?
- Found high BP readings on home monitors. Any thoughts?