Suggest treatment for low AMH levels

Dr. Bhagyashree.B

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Infertility Problem
Question: Doctor , I m trying to conceive for last 4 years. Is an amh level of 1.96 really low? I also have hypothyroid , which is within the range. Do I stand a chance of conceiving naturally?
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
IVF BETTER

Detailed Answer:
Dear member,
Thanks for writing.
As age increases the ovarian reserve decreases.That is the number of good healthy eggs that respond to the hormone stimulation like Clomid or gonadotrophins decreases.
Your AMH is low.AMH levels though is a good indication of poor reserve that is not the only test. Other tests like day 2 Antral follicle count and day 2 FSH Levels also help.
Hypothyroidism if well controlled is not a issue. .
If all above tests show poor ovaries then your chance of conceiving naturally is low.
Try tab Oosure twice a day for 5-6 cycles.Your Gynecologist will know about it.
If still don't conceive with Clomid and IUI then It's better to consider alternative treatment like IVF or In vitro fertilization.
Thanks.
Hope this was helpful
Dr XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyashree.B 10 hours later
What is considered a good level of AMH to conceive normally and is there any way I can reach those levels or am I too far away?
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
AMH OF 2 and FSH below 5 are normal

Detailed Answer:
Dear member,
Thanks for writing.
Amh levels of 2 and FSH below 5 are normal .amh less than 1 is poor ovarian reserve.
Your amh levels should be assessed along with FSH AND antral follicle count.
There is nothing to improve the Amh levels.
It just an indicator of how much ovarian reserve do you have.
Your levels are not very low. So a few cycles of clomid and IUI can be tried. If not go for IVF.
Hope this was helpful
Thanks
Dr Bhagyashree