• question-icon

Suggest treatment for low AMH and high FSH while trying to conceive

Posted on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: I am undergoing ivf treatment as my fsh was 13 and amh was 0.7 . After the first ovum pick up doctor has informed us that they could get three eggs and could retrieve one good quality embryo .
Doctor has asked us to decide if we would want to go for another cycle of ovum pick up or go for embryo implantation .
It would be really helpful if you could provide your expert opinion on what to choose.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Egg donation is a better option

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, thanks for trusting me with your health concerns
In my opinion you should not take another chance with your eggs as result will be poor only because of low AMH and high FSH
Opt for egg donation instead and it will be a better option
But if you really are not ready for egg donation then can take another cycle while keeping in mind that it can give results only in 10-15% patients
Dr Manisha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 13 minutes later
Hello doctor, My age is 31 and hence I was advised about one more cycle since I was told there are chances for better quality. What's your take on that
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can try if money is ample

Detailed Answer:
I understand and frankly they are right in a manner that the quality of eggs is good at your stage so even if number is less chances are better but still it is not worth the effort with this low AMH if finance is an issue but in case no problem of expenditure is there then you can try for one cycle more to give ample chance to your self eggs.
I basically practice infertility so let me know in case you need any other expert opinion at any point.
Try various androgen supplements for improvement in number and quality of eggs
All the best
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN