Suggest treatment for low AFI levels during pregnancy
Kindly upload reports.
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for the query.
I would like to see the latest ultrasound report and umbilical artery doppler report before making a comment further as AFI of 4 is severe oligohydramnios and one needs to establish the cause before termination option and also as the pregnancy is more than 20 weeks any abortion has to be justified under the court of law which is concluded after 20 weeks.
So for an opinion, please attach the scanned reports.
The baby has severe IUGR and there is absent forward diastolic flow in umbilical artery doppler with severe oligohydramnios indicating foetal compromise. tHE BABY IS 580 gms and actually too low a birth weight to survive. If the umbilical artery diastolic flow turns reverse then there can be a foetal demise, till then astymin injections can be tried and every 3rd day foetal umbilical artery doppler study would have to be performed for following up and looking for any reversal.
In case there is a tertiary NICU unit available near you then in any case if required considering ominous death of child if reversal of flow occurs , then they should be equipped to handle the child.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for being anemic during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for nausea during pregnancy
- Suggest me the treatment of hepatitis during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for clitoris itching during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for hyperacidity during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for fever during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for constipation during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for cold during pregnancy
- Treatment of low hematocrit during pregnancy
- What is the treatment for low hemoglobin levels during pregnancy
- Is pregnancy possible without ovulation?
- Is pregnancy possible due to sex on 8th day from menstruation?
- At what age does a girl start to ovulate ?
- Is chemical hair straightening safe for a breast feeding woman?
- Can i have abdominal hysterectomy despite having IBS?
- What causes discomfort and pain in pelvic region?
- How to determine the expected date of delivery using last menstrual period?
- What does my ultrasound report suggest?
- Suggest treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease
- Suggest treatment for Rubella infection