Suggest treatment for loss of sensation in the little finger

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: I having this sensation in the little finger since Saturday evening... the one which you get sometimes when a bodypart same position for a longtime. usually it goes away when you stretch that part a bit. but in this case, it is not going even after 36 hours. I can move my finger without any discomfort but that slight sensation feeling is there.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Suggestive of neuropraxia

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and would try my best to help you.

I have noted your symptoms, and they are suggestive of neuropraxia, involving the ulnar nerve.

This would get better on own in a few days. You may take vitamin B12 supplements for faster recovery.

If symptoms do not get better after 5-7 days, investigations such as nerve conduction studies may be done.

I sincerely hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.

Best wishes,     
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj