Suggest treatment for loss of muscle control in face

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: slight loss of muscle control left face and upper lip
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably Bell's palsy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your query and understand your concerns.

First there are few things to clarify about your symptoms.

- Is there any facial asymmetry or facial drop?
- From how long did you noticed these problems?
- Any other symptoms such difficulty closing the eye, lowered lacrimation, numbness, hearing problems?
- Did you experienced fever last days or weeks?

Most probably your symptoms are related to Bell's palsy, a condition related to facial nerve involvement by viruses or other neurologic conditions.

In my opinion, you need a neurological evaluation by a Neurologist, in order to properly diagnose your condition.

Hope this helps. I remain at your disposal for further questions and clarifications.

Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical