Suggest treatment for loosening rectum
I somehow started keeping my rectum tensed 1yr back.
I realized it this year.
Now the situation is that whenever I think of it, it start becoming tight and the walls get pasted to each other and whenever I deep focus on some other thing it looses.......I really can feel both the situation.
To pass the stool and gas also I have to focus on some other thing so that rectum can loose.
I have gone through rectal examination various times. Doctor just says it's tensed.
I have started to focus on my foot in order to loose rectum while defecating, It's difficult but it works.
So I know it's a psychology problem. I have few questions if you can answer them separately, it will be good.
1.) Is it treatable. If yes how much time can it take.
2.) What do you call this disease. Is it OCD.
3.) I have started a new meditation 4 days back. I focus on my legs while walking and it looses rectum,
this has helped, I am now able to loose it more often But the thing is that after all these days when I again think of rectum it tightens and I feel like to be in the same situation so it's very frustrating. So my question is.......how long should I do this meditation and for how much time a day so that it can lead me at least to a situation in which my rectum doesn't tightens on my thinking.
4.)Is it the right way of meditation to deal with this problem, I mean focusing on some other part(foot) of the body, can this really help or you have some other method please tell me........This method is helping but I don't know how it will be in the long run.
5.) Also can medication help in this situation. Can it give good results.
6.) For how long if continously, should I loosen my rectum so that it get fix in the loose position.
7.) Should I see a psychiatrist or psychologist in person. if yes which one.
It can take three to six months to show complete response
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
Although I think I answered you in past few months but I feel answers to your specific questions will help you further.
My answers o your questions are as follows
1. Yes it is treatable and can take three to six months to have complete control. The total duration of treatment required will not be less than one year.
2. You can call it OCD but with poor insight. The other differential is body dysmorphic disorder.
3. The role of distraction is pronounced. Although there are no time recommendations but whenever you focus on rectum you need to distract. In other words do not leave any spare time with yourself and develop new interests so there is lot of work to think over.
4. The other mode is shouting a loud "STOP" to break the chain of thoughts. This is called stop techniques which is helpful in the problem.
5. Yes SSRI group of medications have great role but the psychotherapy scores merit when it comes to treatment.
6. This kind of questions need to be stopped. I do not think you need to calculate time of loosening your rectum.
7. A psychiatrist will be better option as he can deal with both medications and psychotherapy.
I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for torturous rectum
- Suggest treatment for sores on rectum inspite of being diabetic
- Treatment and cure for rectum cancer
- Causes of itchy rectum treatment
- Suggest treatment for a child having blisters on rectum
- Treatment for constipation and swollen rectum
- Irritated rectum treatment
- Treatment and cure for rectum tumor
- Treatment for prickly heat of rectum
- Rectum prolaps treatment