Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for loose motion

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 16001 Questions
My mother in law is diabetic is recovering from paralysis which she got due to high sugar levels. She is currently on diabetic treatment. From last two days she is suffering from loose motions almost watery flow. We are planned to take her to specialist tomorrow since there is no medical treatment in near vicinity. Can someone help in prescribing a medicine to control her loose motions with minimal or no adverse effects on her diabetic condition.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Loperamide, curd , Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. Gone through the history. Certainly Loperamide would help. Needs to be taken one cap after each loose motion, Maximum 6 in 24 hours. Check the blood sugar. Give her curds ( without sugar), probiotics like lactobacillus, Gasex for flatulance 2 tablets thrice daily. These are available and can be given without a prescription. Antibiotics and other medication would need a prescription , which you can get by tomorrow. All these will not have any bad effects on diabetes. Electral (ORS) has a problem in giving as it contains sugar; so avoid. You can make a solution of boiled and cooled water add a pinch of salt to a glass of water. This is safe as she is not hypertensive. Even coconut water helps and is safe. Hope this pulls on till you get medical help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor