Suggest treatment for loose motion and stomach pain

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi doctor..i m sufferung from lose motion and stomach pain..can u plz give a suggestion for medican
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.
The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of a possible gastroenteritis.
This would need the following steps.
1. plenty of fluids - minimum 200 ml per episode of loosestool.
2. electrolytes should be watched. ORS may help.
3. Anti motility medicines like redotil 100 mg.
4. Antibiotics like ciprofloxacin and metronidazole.

The combination may help you. However, if you are already dehydrated , admission and intravenous medicines and fluids are needed.
I therefore recommend meeting a physician at your local area.

I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information contained in this message will be able to help you find the best solution for your problem. Best of luck. Dr Mittal
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 7 minutes later
I m taking electrolyte .can please tell me dose of medicine..
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Depends on body weight

Detailed Answer:
The dose of the medicine depends on the body weight.