• question-icon

Suggest treatment for loose motion and severe stomach pain with bloating

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Infections
Question: Started with loose motion and severe stomach pain with bloating of stomach i week back ....gradualluy after taking antibiotics. i started feeling better after 2 days and i stopped taking medicine the 3 days and then agin i started getting stools in semisolid stools there on. i feel dehydrated and i am scared it i have hiv bcoz 4 weeks back i had protected sex with a girl in . i am really scared on what to do ?? No fever or lymphh node enlargment. i am scared to death. please suggest
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Loose motion

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question on HCM and I do understand your concern

“As” per your present history you have loose motion and I request you to make a stool examination to know whether your infection has gone or not, if infection is present then discuss with your treating doctor to add another antibiotics and try to finish it's course. You can add a probiotics with antibiotics for quick relief. For dehydration drink plenty of [ORS]fluids which are available at any drug store without any prescription and if that is not enough then take IV drips in veins. Regarding HIV I may say that you can not get symptom and signs in one month and it will take at least more than 3 months to get symptoms so your present motion has no relation with HIV. As you have already mentioned that you had protected sex so nothing to be worried about HIV. You have no fever and no lymph node enlargement so do not think about HIV now.

Hope that helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 1 hour later
Thanks for the feedback. How sure are you doctor thats i do not have hiv? Whats the reason for semisolid stools 2-3 times i pass post having meals. No body ace or fever. i am having certain medication as prescribed my doctor. He as prescribed me Entergemnia in in oral solution, Tab oflamac 300 mg and Pan D. What should i eat in probiotics or food to make me feel better. I am really stressed out of thinking i may have symtoms of HIV as the stools are not watery but they are semisolid and not stopping inspite of taking antibiotics.
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Loose Motions

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your follow up question

"As“per your question your present semisolid stool might be due to deficiency of lactase an enzyme produced in your small intestine and it can happen due to bacterial infection so try to avoid dairy products now and take OTC medication [lactase enzyme] as tablet just before a meal. You can take a natural probiotic like [yogurt] two teaspoonful 2 times in a day and this will control your motion to normal.

Semi-solid stool is not a sign of HIV

You are taking right medications and complete its course as advised your doctor

You can take a multivitamin every day at bed time.

Hope that helps and nothing to be worried at all

Thanks

Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 5 hours later
Thanks Doctor. Should i get a stool test done. As i told you the motions are semi solid and when the poop falls in water they look watery. i have been eating normal curd at home and not having any dairy product from past 5 days. Now i am getting more worried why the problem is occuring. Today onwards i stated feeling nausea like but no vomitting. I am hardly able to sleep properly. i just slept for 5 hrs and i am up again. Please help
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Loose motion

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your follow up question

“As” per your question to a stool examination and let me know the result. Your problem will be resolved within a week. So do not worry and do not take stress at all and sleep at least 8 hours a day.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo