Suggest treatment for loose and soft stools
I have also had eosephagal candiadis in August last year which was treated with an anti fungal medicine prescribed metrogyl compind for amoebiasis
not a side effect.
Your symptoms suggest large intestinal infection which could be because of entamoeba. The symptoms.are not a side effect. Your symptoms should resolve by 7 days.
Hope this helps
Dr Samir Patil
I still have a constant urge for bowel movement and when I go, nothing really comes and I feel unsatisfied. I was told to have isabgol and that has helped in solidifying the stool. But the constant feeling to pass stool is very unsettling and I feel uncomfortable through the day. Please let me know if I should take any further medicines or the stomach will settle on its own. Thanks.
rifaximin will help
I would suggest to take rifaximin for two weeks . you will need a prescription to get this medicine. In case your symptoms still persist you would need further investigation s like a stool examination and a rectal exam.
Hope this helps.
Dr Samir Patil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for runny stools
- Suggest treatment for loose stools and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for loose stools and vomiting in a toddler
- Suggest treatment for klebsiella in stool
- Blood in stool suggest the treatment
- Treatment and cure for chronic loose stools
- Treatment and cure for Loose stool
- Suggest treatment for soft stool and heart palpitations
- Treatment for loose stools and hot flushes
- Suggest treatment for stool dumping