Suggest treatment for locked jaw
Hello and thank you for your question.
It sounds like you are having a problem in your Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) usually this causes pain but not always. I will give you a few things to try, but if they do not work please see your doctor for evaluation and treatment.
Anti-inflammatory medication: you could try taking some ibuprofen or naproxen for a few weeks. This may relieve any tightness or stiffness in the joint.
Isometric exercises: in these exercises you are not really moving the joint just trying to move the joint against pressure that you apply with your hand. 1) open the jaw one inch, place your hand under your chin and keep the jaw from moving as you push down with your jaw, hold this for 5 seconds then release.
2) hold you hand in front of your chin to keep it from moving then push the jaw forward against your hand, hold it for 5 seconds.
Use some warm compresses to the jaws before doing the isometric exercises and repeat the exercises several times during the day.
If these do not work see your doctor or dentist for additional help
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for pain in lower jaw and bottom teeth
- Suggest treatment for sores in liptongue and jaws
- Suggest treatment for severe jaw and inner ear pain
- Locked jaw painful to eat treatment
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Treatment for lock jaw due to tobacco
- Suggest treatment for jaw infection
- Locked jaw treatment
- Suggest treatment for jaw pain due to tooth infection
- Suggest treatment for locked jaw
- What causes gas, stomach gurgling and fullness in upper chest?
- Is it not safe to have Amoxicillin for heart murmur?
- Suggest treatment for constipation and tenderness on the sides
- Suggest treatment for Angioedema and severe swelling in limbs and face
- Suggest treatment for soft stool
- What causes hair loss?
- Suggest treatment for fever, sore throat, cough and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to arthritis in spine and both hands
- Can Requip and Sinemet be taken together?
- What causes gritty, white discharge during urination?