Suggest treatment for lobular breast cancer

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Cancer
Question: I am 70 y.o. woman, my breast are real large, often had lamps, but Vitamin E did a good job. At this time, during core needle biopsy on right breast, doctor without telling me, neither asking my permission, installed Neoadjuvant chemo, which made my right breast immediately shrink substantially. Lab diagnosis: Infiltrating mammary carcinoma with lobular features, intermediate grade. Nothing diagnostic of lymphovascular invasion identified. I have HR positive. HER-2 negative. Ki-67 low. (HR)- positive. Now doctor insists on a full mastectomy, but been 70 e.o. I am not agree. My question, is: if this thing is going to continue exist in my breast, then, would it anyhow negatively influent on my health? Or now, do I must to have surgery, in order to remove it (like, could it be like a bomb waiting its time?). It's 4 month since it's been done, and my both breast often feel like electric shock. My sincere Thank you. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Surgery as early as possible

Detailed Answer:
Heli Mrs. XXXX, thanks for trusting health care magic.
I understand your anxiety about the issue
In my opinion you should get it removed a full mastectomy with Sentinel lymph node biopsy at the earliest as you rightly said its a bomb in waiting.
Being hormone responsive it will definitely respond very well To chemotherapy but that is only after surgery that too if need arises.
Dont refrain from surgery and natural therapy though safe but will not be effective.
I dont know anyone near your place personally but guess you can ask your GP who can guide you much better.
Wish you best of health
Dr Manisha XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D