• question-icon

Suggest treatment for liver cancer

Posted on Fri, 23 Jan 2015 in Cancer
Question: I was recently diagnosed with liver cancer beginning stages the doctor did the operation to perform whipple surgery he discovered the cancer was going to the liver I have a loss of appetite is their any thing I should do Thank You
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chemotherapy would be the best for cancer that has spread!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for using HCM.

I am so sorry to hear about diagnosis of cancer. With the cancer already spread to the liver, best treatment would be chemotherapy as surgery cannot resolve the problem any longer. I recommend you follow up with your doctor and get this addressed.

Chemotherapy can have some serious side effects. However, the advantages are huge. Each time you feel discouraged, look at the huge advantages that the treatment has rather than focusing on the present difficult moments.

Good nutrition, regular exercise, increased fruits, vegetables and fiber intake and above all a positive and optimistic mindset would be very helpful in this process.

Loss of appetite is typical in cancer. You would need to eat not because you really feel like but because eating is the right thing to do. Please, make it a conscious decision as opposed to a good feeling decision.

I hope this helps. If you need more information, please do not hesitate to ask more questions and we would gladly address them.
Dr. Ivo Ditah