Suggest treatment for liquid discharge from ears

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 14 Jul 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: RELIEVE WATER IN EAR?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please provide some more details

Detailed Answer:

What problem are you suffering from ?
Do you have ear discharge ?
Do you have ear pain ?

Please provide complete description of the problem you have. This helps me to understand well and advice you adequately.

Waiting for your response,
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
AFTER SWIMMING I FELT LIKE MY EAR WAS FULL OF WATER.
CAN NOT GET IT TO COME OUT. WHAT CAN I PUT IN IT TO EASE THE PRESSURE?
MAKING ME DIZZY.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A cotton ball

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the information.

You can put a cotton ball into the ear canal big enough that it does not slip into the ear canal. The cotton ball will surely adsorb the water completely.

If you have previous infections or a perforated ear drum then you may have to consult an ENT specialist as the chances of getting water out will be difficult and there high possibilities of infection.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.