Suggest treatment for lip pigmentation
Pigmentation due to dryness
Thanks for the query,
Dry lips are usually due to change in weather.
Home remedies like application of butter or petroleum jelly is also helpful.
Avoid lip smacking, it actually increases the severity.
I would like to know, if you are taking any other medication for any disease.
Lip fissuring is a common side effect of many drugs.
Lip pigmentation can be secondary to lip fissuring.
If possible upload a photograph of your lips.
This will help me in giving a proper way of management.
Let me know if any of the doubt.
Thanks for the follow up.
It must be due to dryness and cracking of lips.
I treat such cases with a mild steroid like mometasone cream.
You can try this cream in consultation with your doctor.
This should help you.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for canker sores inside the lip
- Suggest treatment for chapped lips
- What treatment is suggested for canker sore on lower lip
- Suggest treatment for chronic dry lips
- Suggest treatment for dryness and itchiness under the lips
- Pigmentation and dark circles on cheeks and lips treatment
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for pigmentation of lips
- Suggest treatment to remove pigmentation around the lips
- Suggest treatment for open lip after an injury