Suggest treatment for lightheadedness, sore throat and nasal congestion

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I'm lightheaded sore throat white tongue can't breath through my nose very good had a scope done last week nothing found they think I may have sinus trouble have an appointment with ENT in two weeks I can't stand the lightheadedness
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Steam inhalation is the mainstay of treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I think the problems are related. Your sinus problems could be due to a viral infection. You need to take steam inhalation a couple of times a day. Water in form of vapor will reach deep inside and would help in diluting the cough. There are two thin tubes on either side connecting between the inner throat and the middle ear cavity. The thickened mucus may block those tubes leading to lightheadedness. Steam inhalation should help. You can take some inner-ear-stabilizing-agents (vestibulocochlear stabilizers) like betahistine or cinnarizine (prescription medicines) and see if it helps.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 minutes later
I don't have a cough and have been using netti pot
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Clinical examination required

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. A clinical examination is required. If you have already been evaluated by a doctor, please upload the medical notes. Else, I would insist you to visit a doctor and to get yourself examined.