Suggest treatment for lichen sclerosus
steroid cream for atleast 3 months then long term
Welcome to HCM,
Your wife is suffering from Lichen sclerosis. The usual treatment for it is long term use of a steroid cream, cortizone is a good option, another option is Clobetasol propionate, which has to be applied daily for atleast 3 months and then depending on symptoms relief alternate days and then weekly.
Lichen sclerosis frequently affects the this age group and is a chronic disease. It is known to affect the clitoris. There are dedicated Vulval clinics where a long term follow up will be good.
I do not mean to scare you, but with lichen sclerosis there is a 5% chance of vulval cancer, so she needs to be alert about any changes in skin colour and any suspicion should make her see a doctor.
Another drug, if the clobetasol does not work is Pemicrolimus cream, its a immunomodulator and can be used upto 2 years.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lichen sclerosus homeo treatment
- Is retin a used in the treatment of lichen sclerosus?
- Lichen sclerosus treatment tattoo
- Lichen sclerosus treatment in ayurveda
- Lichen sclerosus treatment wiki
- Is temovate used in the treatment of lichen sclerosus?
- Turmeric for the treatment of lichen sclerosus
- Lichen sclerosus ayurvedic treatment
- Anyone had laser treatment for lichen sclerosus
- Suggest medication for lichen sclerosus
- What causes vaginal bleeding followed by positive UPT?
- Suggest treatment for syphilis
- Can a 47 year old woman with irregular menstruation conceive?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstruation
- What causes whitish vaginal discharge post protected sex?
- Suggest treatment for lichen sclerosus
- What causes persistent headache and hot flashes?
- How effective is Plan B emergency contraceptive in preventing pregnancy?
- Suggest ways to heal the body and regain energy after an abortion
- Is it possible to abort 5 months of pregnancy?