Suggest treatment for lichen sclerosus
strong topical steroids normally firstline
HI,thanks for using healthcare magic
Lichen sclerosus is primarily treated by potent topical steroids though there are other medications that may be used along with these in some instances.
The stronger topical steroids have to be used because the weaker ones would have minimal or no effect.
Examples of the potent topical steroids that are used are: (1)clobetasol (also known by the trade names- olux, olux-e, cormax, clobex, temovate)
(2)bethamethasone (the 0.25% strength)-may also be known as diprolene
(3)halobetasol-also known as ultravate, halox
There are other steroid creams that are only slightly less stronger than these that may be used- cutivate, elocon, kenalog, topicort, diprosone, cyclocort.
Some doctors also provide topical retinoid creams along these. These are used for short periods only.
An example is tazarotene (tazorac ).
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lichen sclerosus homeo treatment
- Is retin a used in the treatment of lichen sclerosus?
- Lichen sclerosus treatment tattoo
- Lichen sclerosus treatment in ayurveda
- Lichen sclerosus treatment wiki
- Is temovate used in the treatment of lichen sclerosus?
- Turmeric for the treatment of lichen sclerosus
- Lichen sclerosus ayurvedic treatment
- Anyone had laser treatment for lichen sclerosus
- Suggest medication for lichen sclerosus
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...