Suggest treatment for lichen planus
Suffering from LICHEN PLANUS for last one and half years. Rashes all over the body was present. Though subsided after taking ayurvedic medicines rashes appear with lesser intensity. Inside mouth, vaginal region, anal region these rashes are there. Unable to take spicy foods. Recenlty my dentist advised to apply powdered WYSOLONE. tablet frequently on mouth.
Does this will have side effects I am type II diabetic taking tablets and on control. HbA1C - 7.4
topical wysolone safer in diabetics
Welcome to healthcaremagic.
I have read your query and understood your concern.
For lichen planus, I prefer to give tablet dapsone after ruling out G6 PD deficiency.
It need to be taken for atleast 6 months for control of disease.
You may continue applying wysolone powder or may apply topical gels containing triamcinolone acetate available in.market with various names like cinort gel 3-4 times per day. Other alternatives is topical tacrolimus ointment.
These medications are safer to use in diabetics. Oral steroids are indicated only during episodes of flare up. These are very carefully given in diabetics.
avoid spicy food, scratching the area.
I hope it helps. If you have any further query you may ask me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for oral lichen planus
- Natural treatment for lichen planus
- Lichen planus scalp treatment
- Genital lichen planus treatment
- Suggest treatment for lichen planus of skin on legs
- Lichen planus mouth treatment
- Treatment of oral lichen planus
- Treatment for lichen planus
- Suggest treatment for lichen planus in mouth
- Suggest treatment for pigmentation due to lichen planus
- What is the treatment for rashes and redness all over body when...
- Suggest treatment for pigmentation and under eye circles
- What causes itchiness with small pink spots around the pubic area?
- Is it safe to take laser hair removal treatment for excessive hair...
- Can nighttime moisturizer be applied over Tretinoin?
- Suggest treatment for fluid filled lesions which are painful
- What is a large purple spot on the head of my penis?
- What does rash on chest and upper back indicate?
- What are symptoms of Molluscum contagiosum?
- What is the cause and treatment for alopecia aerata?