Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

178 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for less interest in sexual life

Answered by
Dr. Ashok Kumar


Practicing since :2000

Answered : 2908 Questions

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Sexual Health
Question: my sex life is finished.
I am married from last 5 years and was in relationship with my husband before marriage also. We happily spend around 10 years together. Problem started when I became pregnant 2.5 year back. We stopped having sex. I thought after delivery it will be normal again. But my husband is not interested in me any more. He watches a lot of porn almost everyday but never interested in having sex with me.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Setting a dialogue with husband is first thing to do

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all it should be noted that your husband and you have proper sex drives (he watches porn and you are distressed) which is essential to have appropriate sex life.

He lost interest in sex with you could be multiple factors

1. You are so busy because of burden of child care and other factors
2. You had frequent arguments that makes it difficult to make initial move for both of you
3. There are issues with parents/in laws which surfaced in last two years
4. Pregnancy occurred at a time when one or both of you were not ready for it
5. You put on weight
6. There are many more in this list as it is endless

Once it is established there is need to set a dialogue between both of you. One of you needs to acknowledge his/her mistakes/liabilities/stress and thing will start moving in proper direction.

If you have already tried it and not able to solve the issues you can seek help of a counselor or psychiatrist in your city.

At your end you need to be optimistic and learn about wish of your husband.

I must assure you that having normal sex drive and willingness of both partners will solve the problem in few days.

I hope this will help you.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on