• question-icon

Suggest treatment for lesions on the legs

Posted on Fri, 30 Jun 2017 in Child Health
Question: The patient is a 4 year old female in the Philippines. She is good health. She received a small abrasion on one knee. She scratched it often. the incident happened four months ago. Since that time multiple ( in excess of 20 ) new lesions have appeared. The lesions start from inside and after coming to a head ( or she scratches them ) they become open. They are approximately 15mm in size, dark in color, and raised. They heal and more lesions appear. The new lesions are appearing on both legs.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It could be due to some dermatological problems. Mere scratching (removal of the scab) does not explain the eruption of new lesions. I would request you to upload image of the affected areas. It will help me to evaluate the condition. Possibly some itchiness is involved (leading to the scratching). Taking some antiallergic like cetirizine or benadryl (or possibly better ones like fexofenadine or loratidine which are prescription medicines) should help. You also should apply some emollient like calamine lotion or some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion.

I would await your response based on which I will guide you further. Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 29 hours later
I have taken a photo of the affected area. I am new to this site so I am having difficulty finding were to down load the file.
Brief Answer:
You can upload it using the facility on the upper right of the query page

Detailed Answer:
You can upload the attachments using the facility on the upper right of this page. Alternatively you can email the attachments to YYYY@YYYY with the query id 336052 and my name mentioned in the subject.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician