Suggest treatment for lesions on the eyelid

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Have welt type protrustions stemming in crevice of eyelid, more prominent on left eye. It also feels dry not sure if skin rash is result of dry eye? Have been to dermatology, immunology, allergist (skin patch tests proved inconclusive). Thought perhaps 'wine allergy' to fermentation, cork, alcohol - have abstained, no difference. Wearing make up or not, no difference. Being at my beach house, work or home - not much difference. Have changed makeup,, brushes, cleaned eyewear, changed pillowcases, pillows - use FREE laundry detergent, wash hands try to keep out of face, changed hair products. Skin will look okay one day and next - bad! Have been experiencing since end of Dec. 2016. Also had blood work up to rule out Lupus, etc - results for immune disorder, negative. Going a tad crazy now?!
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Skin lesions

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
Please send me the pictures of your lesions so that I can suggest you better.
Also tell me do you have any lesions on any other part of body, nails, hairs etc.
You you have said that they disappear sometimes. What do you take that make them disappear?
Any symptoms like itching?
follow up with the required information.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 47 minutes later
Thank you for follow up - have hopefully uploaded photo. Currently left eye is more problematic. Also, has sensation of dry eye. Have used OTC Claritin, cold compress, ice pack, these two Rx's by dermatologist: Traimcinolone Acetonide Ointment USP 0.25%t & Tacrolimus Ointment o.1%. Using Dry Eye non-preservative drops have no effect. Have read up on contact dermatitis - have had acrylic nails for 17 years, never a problem. Stopped drinking any alcohol, do not drink coffee. Have had dog for 10 yrs (GoldenDoodle), supposedly non-allergenic, does not shed. Have a cat, have had cats since I was 19 - no problem. Have been mostly using moisturizer that dermatologist recommended no scent, etc. Not a big perfume user. Something happened between last night and this morning. Have not had any make up on all day. Welts are now moving (still on crease in lid) to more center near inside eye/bridge of nose. On bad days, welts move up toward brow. There is NO itching, but when I press upon welt - it does hurt a bit. Thanks much!
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Skin lesions

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the follow up query
I have seen the pictures. My advice is you should get a thyroid function test and lipid profile done.
Take a combination of levocetrizine and montelukast once daily and apply a steroid ointment on the lids. Avoid using make-up and use artificial tear drops in the eyes 8 to 10 times per day.
Follow up with the reports.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 29 minutes later
Thank you, appreciate your findings. The Rx you recommended, assuming they must be prescribed, not over the counter?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Skin lesions

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the follow up query
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription.
It would be a pleasure assisting you in future too.
Thanks and regards
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 14 hours later
Thank you Dr. Aggarwai - have made appt w/ my primary care physician after our area gets done being pummeled with snow, ugh. Anyway, thank you very much for taking the time to view my photo and making a beneficial recommendation upon also hearing of my symptoms

Best regards to you as well,
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Skin lesions

Detailed Answer:
Hi
You are always welcome with any further queries in future.
Please update me after your consultation.