Suggest treatment for lesion on upper lip

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Yesterday, I started to notice this weird lesion on my upper lip. It is small white bumps that doesn't hurt. I am attaching pictures.
I have had oral sexual contact (6 weeks ago) once with a women I don't know and it was strictly oral (lips kissing, fellatio, and cunnilingus). One week after the encounter, I had a discomfort when peeing and I received antibiotics therapy for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea (the test results for everything came back negative anyway) and the discomfort disappeared.
Can this still be a symptom of STD (e.g., Herpes lesion or warts)? I am really worried about this.
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
fox fordyce spots

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Welcome to Healthcaremagic.com. I have read your query. I understand your concern. I have seen the attached photographs also.
As per details, it seems that you are having a condition called Fox fordyce spots on lips. These are abnormally located sebaceous glands . Although the location is abnormal but these are totally normal structures. These are completely harmless and asymptomatic and are of only cosmetic concern. You may have not noticed them before. It is just by chance that you observed them after you had otal sex.
You need not to worry about these. Still if cosmetically concerned, you may get them removed by Radiofrequency or CO2 laser.
I hope Iam able to solve your query.
Follow up: Dr. Charu Bansal 2 hours later
Thank you very much for your answer. It is actually a relief.

I just noticed them yesterday, are Fordyce spots appear suddenly? or is it possible that I always had them, and I just noticed them due to my anxiety about my sexual encounter?

Would I expect them to disappear by themselves with no treatment? I am not worried about the cosmetic problems, I just want to know wha to expect.

Again, thank you very much
Also, does it fit the profile of candidiasis?
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
fox fordyce spots appear spontaneously and progress gradually

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Welcome back. These fox fordyce spots can appear anytime but progress gradually. You must have them from long , its just tht you noticed them suddenly due to anxiety. They usually do not disappear of their own and persist. As I mentioned, they are only of cosmetic concern and can be treated by Radiofrequency or CO2 laser. It is not related to candidiasis.
I hope it helps you.
Stay healthy.