Suggest treatment for lesion in spinal cord

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: a space occupying lesion in the spinal cord at d2 level showing predominantly cystic component.no contrast enhancement is noted
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
May need surgery

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your MRI spine findings.

I do not have the detailed MRI report and also the symptoms.

However, if the patient had weakness of both legs, then, surgery may be needed to remove the mass lesion from the spinal cord.

I hope it helps.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Thank you.

The patient has weakness on one leg while walking but can balance and move around freely. Has less sensation below his waist.
I have uploaded the report for your refrence
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seen the report.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

I have seen the report and noted the symptoms.

He needs surgery to remove the tumor. Please show to a neurosurgeon.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)