• question-icon

Suggest treatment for lentigo simplex

Posted on Wed, 5 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have what I think is a very new spot on my calf. It is completely flat and smooth and only about a millimeter in diameter. There are two other VERY tiny black dots close to it. At first I thought it was somehow a marker mark, but it seems to be at the very surface of the skin. I thought maybe a blood blister but it is black. It is so small I feel silly going to the doctor, but I know Melanoma can be black. I will attach several pictures. One to give you an idea of size and two zoomed in. I am a 40 yr old female.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lentigo simplex

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the Images
It is a Lentigo Simplex, more specifically, a reticulated lentigo simplex. It is an absolutely benign pigmented skin lesion.
Lentigo simplex are sharply circumscribed, uniformly pigmented, smaller lesions. They may have regular or irregular margins whereas Melanomas are usually larger and have irregular margins and variegated coloration.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist