Suggest treatment for leg twitching at night
Home remedies explained but first Call your doctor
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. This leg twitching at night first needs to be investigated as that could be a symptom of an underlying cause. Three possibilities are of Restless leg syndrome, Low parathyroid hormones and calcium levels and Benign fasciculation syndrome.
I want you to see a doctor and let them have a look, run some labs rule out the differentials and then treat the underlying cause. Most of the leg twitchings at night are usually benign and home remedies may help. FOllowing are some of the suggestions.
1) Try baths and massages. Soaking in a warm bath and massaging your legs can relax your muscles.
2)Apply warm or cool packs. Use of heat or cold, or alternating use of the two, may lessen your limb sensations.
3)Try relaxation techniques, such as meditation or yoga. Stress can aggravate RLS/WED. Learn to relax, especially before bedtime.
4)Establish good sleep hygiene. Fatigue tends to worsen symptoms of RLS/WED, so it's important that you practice good sleep hygiene. Ideally, have a cool, quiet, comfortable sleeping environment; go to bed and rise at the same time daily; and get adequate sleep. Some people with RLS/WED find that going to bed later and rising later in the day helps in getting enough sleep.
5)Exercise. Getting moderate, regular exercise may relieve symptoms of RLS/WED, but overdoing it or working out too late in the day may intensify symptoms.
6)Avoid caffeine. Sometimes cutting back on caffeine may help restless legs. Try to avoid caffeine-containing products, including chocolate and caffeinated beverages, such as coffee, tea and soft drinks, for a few weeks to see if this helps.
I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for footdrop in both legs
- Suggest treatment to improve circulation in legs
- Treatment and cure for night leg cramps
- Suggest the treatment for swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for cellulitis on leg
- Suggest medical treatment for swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for bowed leg
- Suggest treatment for leg cramps at night
- Suggest treatment for leg pain
- Suggest treatment for leg pain and weakness