Suggest treatment for leg pain

Posted on Wed, 9 Dec 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have deep aching in right leg from hip to knee only at night. Severe enough to wake me and sometimes I
cannot get to sleep because of it. Feels like intense growing pain. I walk every night about a mile but have a sedentary job during the day.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You seem to have muscle spasm. Visit a physical therapist.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone very carefully through the details provided and fully understand your concerns. It seems that you are suffering from muscle spasm which is leading to unnecessary muscle fatigue and hence the pain. The solution lies in proper relaxation techniques. You need to approach a physical therapist who would be able to demonstrate the right exercises which you need to practice. Stretching is essential and so is application of hot compress. I would insist you to avoid taking pain medication as they have several side effects.
Let me know if I could help further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 days later
I have done some stretching each day and used heat and ice with no relief. I am worried it is a DVT. Going to follow up with my regular doctor.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clinical examination required.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. I would not be able to comment on DVT without a proper clinical examination. Your regular doctor would be able to do it for you.
Wish you health.
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha