Suggest treatment for leg cramps

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Thu, 15 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am 90 years old and I have aches and pains, cough don't cough anything up some leg cramps don't know what is wrong. went to the hospital they did extensive tests could not find anything wrong. but I am feeling very bad-- any ideas. I did not have any illnesses prior to this?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Juicy fruits, steam inhalation and hot compress suggested.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. It is possible that having juicy fruits like citrus fruits, and bananas would provide you relief. They contain plenty of potassium and should help. Potassium is essential for effective muscle contraction and could provide relief from such cramps.

You can try hot compress and that could provide relief from the pains.

Take steam inhalation. Water in form of vapor will reach deep inside and would help in diluting the cough and would thus provide relief.

Let me know if I could help further.